Last Updated: July 27, 2023
Your privacy matters to us at OptionRecom. We are committed to upholding the highest standards of privacy protection in compliance with the law. We collect certain Personal Data (“Personal Data”) from users, which refers to any information that can identify an individual directly or indirectly. This data is collected whenever you interact with the Services or the Website (“Website”).
At OptionRecom, we put great effort into protecting the confidentiality of your Personal Data. We implement measures such as SSL encryption to further safeguard your information during transmission across the internet. Despite these measures, please be aware that no internet transmission can be guaranteed as entirely secure. As such, we cannot guarantee complete security of your Personal Data when using the Services or the Website.
The Services and the Website are intended for use by individuals who are at least 18 years old or have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, or by organizations in their jurisdiction of establishment.
Information We Gather
In order for you to fully utilize our services at OptionRecom, there may be instances where we would need you to provide certain personal details that can be used to establish contact or identify you. These may consist of, but are not necessarily limited to:
Given name and surname
Data related to your usage of our services (see “Data Relating to Usage” section)
To process payments and enhance your experience, we may need to gather the following billing details. Please note, these details will be used strictly for processing payments and providing our services to you. In some circumstances, we may be legally required to share your information with regulatory or law enforcement agencies. Aside from these exceptional situations, your information will not be shared with third parties:
Your first name and last name
Your country/region of residence
Your street address, including house number and street name
Additional information related to your address such as apartment, suite, unit, etc. (if applicable)
Your town/city of residence
Your province or equivalent region in your country
Your postal code
Your contact phone number
Your email address
Data Relating to Usage
When you make use of our services, we automatically gather data related to your usage.
This information may include your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type and version of your browser, the pages you visited on our site, the date and time of your visit, the duration spent on our pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
Should you access our services using a mobile device, we may automatically collect specific information, such as your mobile device type, your mobile device’s unique ID, your mobile’s IP address, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, and other diagnostic data.
We may also gather information sent by your browser each time you visit our site or access our service using a mobile device.
Third-Party Login Services
Our Website may offer the convenience of using third-party services, such as Google, for registration and login purposes. When you choose to register or login via these services:
- We may collect, store, and utilize information that you have previously provided to these platforms. This could include, but is not limited to, the user ID linked with your account, an access token required for accessing that third-party service, any details you’ve permitted the third-party to share with us, and any data you’ve made public in association with that third-party service. This information aids in streamlining your registration or login process.
- Your interactions with these platforms are governed by their respective privacy policies and terms of service. We encourage you to read these documents to understand their data practices.
We may potentially expand our list of third-party login services in the future without providing prior notice.
We gather data to evaluate the performance of our site and services and understand how different sections of our site are being utilized. For this, we make use of tools like Google Analytics (“Providers”).
These Providers accumulate anonymized information about how users arrive at our sites, which devices they use, the way they interact with the site content, and the duration of their visit.
These Providers also gather data about the interests and demographics of our visitors. The data is collected using a tag placed on our websites and doesn’t involve collecting any personally identifiable information.
We have agreed to indefinitely retain the information collected via these Providers, enabling us to analyze usage trends over time. This data is anonymous and does not include any personally identifiable information.
You have the option to refuse all cookies, except for essential ones, by selecting the “Decline” button present in the cookie notification upon your initial visit to the OptionRecom website. Please note that essential cookies are necessary for the operation of our site, so they will remain active even if you decline. Opting out of other cookies, however, might affect your browsing experience on our site.
For a more detailed discussion on the cookies we use and your choices regarding cookies, please visit our Cookies Policy page
Our website and services, including HTML emails (“Emails”), may include a piece of code known as a Web Beacon. In its most basic form, web beacons enable a website to transfer or gather information via a graphic image request. Websites may use web beacons and cookies for various purposes, including analyzing site usage, auditing and reporting advertising, and personalizing content and advertising.
We may gather information through Web Beacons about the performance of advertising campaigns, Email interactions, and Website usage statistics. This may include your IP address, and the date and time you opened or interacted with Emails.
We may also use web beacons to “tag” visitors to our website and services in order to target them with ads at a later date.
You can prevent the download and display of web beacons on your screen by turning off image loading in your email client or web browser. Additionally, you can make use of browser extensions that prioritize privacy or software that blocks tracking to prevent web beacons and similar tracking technologies.
Handling of Your Personal Details
We may employ Personal Details in the following manners:
- Service Administration and Enhancement: This includes tracking the usage patterns of our Service.
- Account Management: Managing your registration as a service user. Your shared Personal Information can unlock various Service features accessible to registered users.
- Contract Execution: This covers the development, adherence, and execution of purchasing contracts for products, goods, or services you’ve bought, or any other agreement with us via the Service.
- Communications: Reaching you through various forms of electronic communication such as email, phone calls, text messages, or push notifications from a mobile application about updates or informational communication about the functionalities, products, or services you contracted, including necessary or reasonable security updates for their execution.
- Information on offerings: Supplying you with updates, special deals, and general details about other goods, services, and events we provide that are similar to those you have previously purchased or asked about, unless you chose not to receive such information.
- Request handling: Attending to and managing your requests to us.
- Personalized Advertising: Utilizing your information to create and display personalized content and advertisements based on your interests and/or location, and to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Business Transactions: Using your information during the assessment or execution of mergers, divestments, restructurings, reorganizations, dissolutions, or other sales or transfers of our assets, during which Personal Data we have about our Service users could be among the assets transferred.
- Other Objectives: Using your information for other purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining promotional campaigns efficiency, and assessing and enhancing our Service, products, services, marketing, and user experience.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information in the following scenarios:
- Service Providers: Sharing your personal information with Service Providers for purposes such as monitoring and analyzing our Service usage, showing advertisements on third-party websites after you visited our Service, payment processing, or communicating with you.
- Business Transactions: Sharing or transferring your personal information during, or while negotiating, any merger, company assets sale, financing, or acquisition of part or all of our business by another company.
- Business Partners: Sharing your information with our business partners to provide certain products, services, or promotions.
- With Other Users: If you share personal information or interact in public areas with other users, such information could be viewed by all users and potentially publicly distributed.
- With Your Consent: Sharing your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention, Removal, and Transfer of Personal Information
Legal Disclosures and Security of Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities. The safety of your Personal Data is paramount to us. However, remember that no internet transmission or electronic storage method is 100% secure. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data but cannot guarantee absolute security.
Understanding of Your Personal Data Processing
The third-party vendors we engage may gain access to Your Personal Data. These vendors are permitted to gather, store, employ, process, and transmit details about your activity on our Service, consistent with their respective Privacy Policies.
We may employ third-party Service providers to observe and analyze the utilization of our Service. Our current analytics provider is:
Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, tracks and reports on website traffic. The data gathered is used by Google to track and monitor our Service’s usage. This data may be used by Google to contextualize and customize its own advertising network’s ads.
For more information on Google’s privacy practices, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Please note, we reserve the right to incorporate more analytics providers in the future without prior notice.
We may use Your Personal Data to send You newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to You. You can opt-out of receiving any or all of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by reaching out to Us.
We may employ Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to You. Our current email marketing provider is:
We may potentially expand our list of email marketing providers in the future without providing prior notice.
We utilize third-party services for payment processing for any transactions made for our Service’s paid products and/or services (e.g., payment processors).
We engage with the following payment processors:
Legal Basis for Processing
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the processing of your Personal Data will only be carried out if we have a lawful basis to do so. This may include instances where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, where we have obtained your consent, where we have legitimate interests to process the Personal Data and those interests are not overridden by your rights, where it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or other legal bases as permitted by the GDPR.
GDPR Data Subject Rights
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
The right to be informed about the collection and use of your Personal Data, including why it is needed, what will happen to it, and how long it will be retained.
The right to access your Personal Data.
The right to have your Personal Data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, where there is no compelling reason for the continued processing of your data.
The right to restrict processing, where you may request that your data is not processed.
The right to data portability, where any automated processing of your data based on your consent or as part of a contract may be accessible to you in a structured, commonly-used, and machine-readable format.
The right to object to direct marketing, processing for scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes.
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling, where decisions made without human involvement which have legal consequences for you may be objected.
The right to withdraw consent, if you have given us your consent to process your data, you have the right to revoke that consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. You will be informed of the implications of such withdrawal.
Transfer of Data Outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We may transfer Personal Data to countries outside of the EEA. In these cases, we will implement appropriate and suitable safeguards to ensure that such data is protected as required by applicable data protection laws, including the use of standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or the use of certification mechanisms such as the EU – US Privacy Shield.
Data Protection Officer
If applicable based on the size and nature of our processing activities, we may have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO). If we have a DPO, their contact details will be provided here.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance (CalOPPA)
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our Service can make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their account (https://optionrecom.com/my-account-2/edit-account/) and navigating to the ‘Account details’ section.
Information Collection And Use Under CalOPPA
Under CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously but cannot access any of the membership only pages.
Users are able to change their Personal Data by by logging into their account or contacting us via our Support Page.
If a user wishes to delete their Personal Data, they can do so by contacting us via our Support Page.
Do Not Track Signals Under CalOPPA
CalOPPA requires us to disclose how we respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. DNT is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers, and is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services.
We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a DNT browser mechanism is in place. There are instances when third-party websites might monitor your browsing activities. If you find yourself on such websites, you have the ability to adjust your web browser settings to communicate to these websites your preference not to be tracked. The enablement or disablement of the Do Not Track (DNT) feature can be done by visiting the preferences or settings section of your web browser.
Third-Party Behavioral Tracking Under CalOPPA
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking in compliance with CalOPPA.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance (COPPA)
Fair Information Practices
In order to comply with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days.